To help keep your jewellery in a beautiful condition please consider the following:
- Please make sure that you put your jewellery on after showering, or applying perfume, moisturiser and make up. This will help to avoid tarnishing.
- Please also remove your jewellery before you swim in chlorinated or salt water.
- Avoid any contact with bleach or other harsh chemicals.
- Gently cleaning polished shiny pieces with a soft polish cloth is an effective way to refresh your jewellery. A liquid ‘silver dip’ can also be used although never leave the jewellery to sit in the liquid and always wash off thoroughly with plenty of running water.
- Matt finishes can wear over time but it is possible to re-mat the surface of your piece using a scotch bright pad. Apply gentle pressure in either a circular or forward/back motion taking care to avoid any gemstones.
When you are not wearing your jewellery it is best stored separately in ziplock plastic bags, or wrapped in acid free tissue paper or a pouch. This will help to protect it from oxidising in the air, and also scratches, scuffs and tangles with other items.